BeoLab 17 is one of Bang & Olufsen's first wireless speakers. Utilising WiSA wireless between the speaker and either the BeoLab Transmitter 1 or your wireless enabled BeoVision 11 television, BeoLab 17 can be placed up to 12 metres away from your wireless source, giving you placement freedom on a previously unprecidented scale.
BeoLab 17 is practically a plug & play speaker requiring just a mains cable to power the in-built amplifiers and then simply set it up with the wireless transmitter to enjoy immaculate wireless sound performance.
With WiSA wireless technology Bang & Olufsen can ensure you can enjoy your sound in the best possible wireless quality available world wide.
Adding to the freedom of placement, there is a switch on the back of each BeoLab 17 which allows you to tell the speaker if it is wall mounted, in a corner or free standing and the speaker will then adjust its sound performance accordingly, allowing you to savour fantastic sound quality from anywhere in your room.
Following the theme of flexibility, the placement and colour options of BeoLab 17 cater for any requirement as well. With wall mounting, floor standing, table standing and ceiling mounting options complimenting the choice of a black, white, blue, or broken ice effect grill with black or white end caps, this is your chance to fully tailor your speaker to your requirements.
The design concept for the BeoLab 17 is a modernised version of the BeoLab 4000 design which is over 15 years old. The designer Torsten Valuer combines all that was great from the BeoLab 4000 and has upgraded and modernised it with the wireless technology and new grill design giving a striking but relatable design.
· 81.0 dB SPL @ 50 Hz
· 6” drivers with off-set placement behind the fabric front to give optimal performance regardless of how you turn the speaker.
· Sealed box enabling more deep bass at lower volume levels than would have been possible with a ported design.
· At 2.8 litres
· 2 x Power Link (RJ45)
· 1 x Line via Power Link
· 1 x RCA (L/R)
· 1 x TOSLINK
· - in: Sample rate 32k, 44.1k, 48k, 96k / PCM16-24 bit
· - out: Sample rate 48k / PCM 24 bit
· Wireless Power Link
· On floor stand:
· 25.0 x 72.4. x 24.8 cm
· with wall bracket: - 0°
· 32.0 x 23.6 x 15.0 cm
· with wall bracket: - 20°
· 32.0 x 25.0 x 15.0 cm
· On floor base:
· 32.0 x 25.0.x 13.4 cm
· On end cap:
· 25.0 x 32.2 x 14.0 cm
· 31Hz - 24,000 Hz
· Adaptive Bass Linearization (ABL). Continuously adapts the bass response to the input signal, resulting in a significantly improved bass performance, without the risk of damaging the driver.
· Room adaptation. A three-position switch controls the bass response of the speaker depending on the placement of the speaker in the room.
· Thermal protection. Temperatures are constantly monitored to keep the speaker at top performance all the time
· Line sense - auto on /off – for connecting non-Bang & Olufsen equipment
· ¾” dome drivers with off-set placement behind the fabric front to give optimal performance regardless of how you turn the speaker.
· Cabinet: Aluminium and composite materials
· 10-40° C, 50-104° F
· 160 W, Class D
· 160 W, Class D
· Flick the switch to choose between free standing, wall or corner position
· 88 dB SPL re 125 mVrms re 1m