BeoLab 18 is Bang & Olufsen's first wireless speaker. Utilising WiSA wireless between the speaker and either the BeoLab Transmitter 1 or your wireless enabled BeoVision 11 television, BeoLab 18 can be placed up to 12 metres away from your wireless source, giving you placement freedom on a previously unprecidented scale.
BeoLab 18 is practically a plug & play speaker requiring just a mains cable to power the in-built amplifiers and then simply set it up with the wireless transmitter to enjoy immaculate wireless sound performance.
With WiSA wireless technology Bang & Olufsen can ensure you can enjoy your sound in the best possible wireless quality available world wide.
The acoustic lens technology on BeoLab 18 adds to the freedom of placement by spreading the "sweet spot" of the treble out in an 180 degree arc infront of the speaker allowing you to savour fantastic sound quality from anywhere in your room. This is added to by the room placement switch on the back of each BeoLab 18 which allows you to tell the speaker if it is wall mounted, in a corner or free standing and the speaker will then adjust its sound performance accordingly.
Following the theme of flexibility, the placement and colour options of BeoLab 18 cater for any requirement as well. With wall mounting and floor standing options complimenting the choice of a white, black or real oak grill, this is your chance to fully tailor your speaker to your requirements.
The design concept for the BeoLab 18 is a modernised version of the iconic BeoLab 8000/8002 design which is originally 20 years old. The designer Torsten Valuer combines all that was great from the best selling BeoLab 8000 and upgraded and modernised it with the acoustic lens, wireless technology and new grill design giving a striking but relatable design.
· 77dB SPL @ 50 Hz
· 2 x 4” drivers custom made to Bang & Olufsen specifications
· Bass reflex
· 4.3 litres
· Cabinet: High-gloss polished to take up the colour of its surroundings and blend into your home décor.
· 2 x Power Link (RJ45)
· 1 x Line via Power Link 1 x RCA (L/R)
· 1 x TOSLINK- in: Sample rate 32k, 44.1k, 48k, 96k / PCM16-24 bit- out: Sample rate 48k / PCM 24 bit
· Wireless Power Link
· On floor stand:
· 132.4 x 20 x 20 cm
· With wall bracket:
· 132.6 x 15.5 x 13.5 cm
· Adaptive Bass Linearization (ABL). Automatically responds to extreme peaks by reducing bass throughput, ensuring unrivalled Bang & Olufsen performance throughout.
· Room adaptation. One flick of a switch and your speaker is set up with a bass performance adapted to its placement in the room.
· Thermal protection. Driver temperatures are constantly monitored.
· Line sense - auto on /off
· ¾” Acoustic Lens Technology
· A two-way speaker system
· Cabinet: Anodised aluminium provides a robust and scratch-resistant surface.
· 10-40° C, 50-104° F
· 160 W, Class D
· The tweeter is powered by a 160 watt Class D audio amplifier.
· Choose from free standing, wall or corner position at the flick of switch.